With the devastation of the bushfires affecting so many Australian families and animals, Mosman Vet is doing a small part to help.
We will have a donation box set up in our reception for the foreseeable future. We will be using every cent of these donations to buy medical supplies that will be transported to the wildlife centres in need in NSW and Victoria.
Find a list of items to donate to help our wildlife below. The items marked with a * cannot be obtained without a script or over the counter at a chemist. However, these items are the ones that Mosman Vet are able to source through your generous donations.
- Flamazine burn cream*
- Solosite gel
- Burns Dressings
- Vitamin Oil (not cream)
- Surgical drapes
- IV fluids including Hartmann’s, Saline and Glucose*
- IV giving sets
- Bandages – crepe, gauze etc.
- Non adhesive dressings
- High quality Magnesium
- Simple IV admin lines
- Bowls and kidney dishes
- Adhesive dressings
- Meloxicam or pain stop (animal friendly pain relief)*
- Plaster of paris
- Antiseptic, betadine, chlorhex etc.
- 10ml and 20 ampoules of sterile H20 and normal saline
- Flaminol Forte
- Syringes of all sizes
- Hydrolyte / Glucolyte
- Forceps and other implements
- Gauze swabs
- Stainless scissors: curved end
- Anything else that you think would be useful including pillow cases, blankets, pouches etc
Thank you to our brave firefighters for their tireless efforts through what has been a catastrophic past few months. Thank you to every person that has donated their time, possessions and money to the relief effort, and thank you to the many centres and carers doing their best to save our suffering wildlife.