Our puppy school is still running! We have made a few adjustments due to COVID-19. Please call our clinic on 9960 2856 for up-to-date details. Thank you to all of our new puppy parents for your understanding!
Mosman Vet Puppy School is run by Justene Senior, Head Trainer at HOUND Training.
Justene is a Qualified Dog Trainer, a member of the APDT (Association of Pet Dog Trainers), with additional training in Behaviour Modification in Dogs and Puppy Obedience. Justene has also completed Vicki and Steve Austin’s Puppy Class Instuctors Program, and has then gone on to be mentored by Vicki. Justene has been working with dogs for over 7 years, and is also the owner of DOGUE at Cremorne.
What can you expect to achieve from Mosman Vet’s Puppy School?
- Justene will guide you through the delights and difficulties of raising a puppy, including the top two: Toilet Training; and Puppy Nipping and Biting.
- You’ll learn about the importance of your puppy’s development at the various ages and be given sound, practical advice on achieving a correct socialisation experience.
- Puppies will commence basic obedience exercises including: sit, drop, come and stay.
- Strategies for providing a level of “immunisation” against developing anxieties and their related behavioural problems.
- Owners and their puppies will engage in safe and appropriate play and games.
- Procedures will be established for preventing the development of food or possession guarding.
- A relationship between the puppy and its family will be built and nourished on trust and confidence.
- Support notes will be emailed after Week 1 class.
- In most cases we have a maximum of six puppies per class.
- Ongoing support throughout your puppy’s life including All Age / All Level classes for continuing obedience training.
Requirements for attending Puppy School
- Puppies must be no older than 16 weeks at commencement of Puppy School.
This is in order to maintain a level playing field for the puppies. Puppies over 16 weeks of age may have their adult teeth.
- A maximum of one family member per puppy is permitted until the COVID-19 restrictions change, to allow us to meet social distancing requirements.
- Bring the puppy along on a woven lead (not chain) and a fixed collar.
Details of Mosman Vet Puppy School
|Time||Various times – call for details|
|Location||Mosman Vet, 9 Canrobert Street, Mosman|
|Payment Options||Pre-payment by credit card over the phone at time of booking|
|Registration||Mosman Vet, telephone 9960 2856.|
Please register early to avoid disappointment
Socialisation and your puppy during COVID-19
Renowned canine trainers Steve and Vicki Austin have created the below PDF for new puppy owners to download and implement with their family while COVID-19 restrictions are in place. Have a read through, and please call Mosman Vet on (02) 9960 2856 if you have any questions.