Our puppy classes are still running! We have made a few adjustments due to COVID-19. Please call our clinic on 9960 2856 for up-to-date details. Thank you to all of our new puppy parents for your understanding!
Mosman Vet’s Puppy School is conducted by Justene Senior, a qualified puppy school and dog trainer.
What can you expect to achieve from Mosman Vet’s Puppy School?
- Justene will guide you through the agonies of raising a puppy, including the top two: Toilet Training; and Puppy Nipping and Biting.
- You’ll learn about the importance of your puppy’s development at the various ages and be given sound, practical advice on achieving correct socialisation experience.
- Puppies will commence basic obedience exercises including: sit, drop, come and stay.
- Strategies for providing a level of “immunisation” against developing anxieties and their related behavioural problems.
- Owners and their puppies will engage in safe and appropriate play and games.
- Procedures will be established for preventing the development of food or possession guarding.
- A relationship between the puppy and its family will be built and nourished on trust and confidence.
- Support notes will be emailed after Week 1 class.
- A maximum of six puppies per class.
- Ongoing support throughout your puppy’s life including All Age / All Level classes for continuing obedience training.
Requirements for attending Puppy School
- Puppies must be no older than 16 weeks at commencement of puppy class.
This is in order to maintain a level playing field for the puppies. Puppies over 16 weeks of age may have their adult teeth.
- A maximum of two family members per puppy.
Only because of space constraints!
- Bring the puppy along on a woven lead (not chain) and a fixed collar.
Details of Mosman Vet Puppy Classes
|Time||Various times – call for details|
|Location||Mosman Vet, 9 Canrobert Street, Mosman|
|Payment Options||Cheque or cash|
|Registration||Mosman Vet, telephone 9960 2856.|
Please register early to avoid disappointment