Our Puppy Classes are conducted by Vicki Austin, a renowned leader in the field of Canine Behaviour and Training. Her classes continue to be popular and attract astute dog owners from the Mosman area and farther afield.
Vicki’s expertise is sought by others in the same field, in the finer aspects of conducting puppy classes to successfully raise confident and content dogs. Her vast experience has placed her in a position to have identified the practical needs of developing puppies and their families. Behavioural consultations have revealed the shortcomings and mistakes made at some puppy classes, which have contributed to creating behavioural problems in adolescent and adult dogs.
Here’s a bit of an idea of Vicki’s qualifications, experience and success:
- Cert IV Canine Behaviour Specialist – NDTF (National Dog Trainers’ Federation of Aust)
- Cert III Dog Behaviour and Training – NDTF
- Cert IV Substance Detection – NDTF
- Cert IV Assessment and Workplace Training
- Cert IV Companion Animal Services
- Owned and trained Australian Obedience Champion
- Retired full-panel Obedience Judge
- Professional trainer to the industry
- Trainer and Presenter, Taronga Zoo Bird Show
- Consultant to Taronga Zoo Marine Mammals
- Professional scent detector dog teams for Quarantine, narcotics
- Animal wrangler for the media industry
- Member of the Pet Industry Assoc of Aust
What can you expect to achieve from Mosman Vet’s Puppy Classes?
- Vicki will guide you through the agonies of raising a puppy, including the top two: Toilet Training; and Puppy Nipping and Biting.
- You’ll learn about the importance of your puppy’s development at the various ages and be given sound, practical advice on achieving correct socialisation experience.
- Puppies will commence basic obedience exercises including: sit, drop, come and stay.
- Strategies for providing a level of “immunisation” against developing anxieties and their related behavioural problems.
- Owners and their puppies will engage in safe and appropriate play and games.
- Procedures will be established for preventing the development of food or possession guarding.
- A relationship between the puppy and its family will be built and nourished on trust and confidence.
- Support notes will be emailed after Week 1 class.
- A maximum of six puppies per class.
- Ongoing support throughout your puppy’s life including All Age / All Level classes for continuing obedience training.
Requirements for attending Puppy Classes
- Puppies must be no older than 16 weeks at commencement of puppy class.
This is in order to maintain a level playing field for the puppies. Puppies over 16 weeks of age may have their adult teeth.
- A maximum of two family members per puppy.
Only because of space constraints!
- Bring the puppy along on a woven lead (not chain) and a fixed collar.
Details of Mosman Vet Puppy Classes
|Time||6:30 to 7:30pm (we often run overtime, especially Week 1)|
|Location||Mosman Vet, 9 Canrobert Street, Mosman|
|Payment Options||Cheque or cash|
|Registration||Mosman Vet, Tel 9960 2856. Please register early to avoid disappointment|
Vicki is available for all canine behaviour and training needs.
Call her directly on 0411 390 927.
Visit her website: www.vickiaustin.com.au