Fleas are by far the most common cause of allergic skin disease in dogs and cats, causing severe itching, secondary skin infections and enormous stress and frustration for pets and owners alike.
It is becoming more evident that fleas are the host for a number of important internal diseases that can affect pets and people. Fleas are prolific breeders, and populations can quickly build up, even in the cold months, and then explode in the warmer months.
Good flea control involves combining multiple strategies to attack the flea life cycle from different angles. It is imperative that you treat the environment, as well as all animals in the household to stop the cycle.
At Mosman Vet, we can tailor a program to get on top of the flea life cycle and make flea problems a thing of the past.
Advice may include:-
- Environmental flea control tips
- Products to break the flea life cycle “inset growth regulators” or IGR’s
- Effective products to knock down adult fleas fast and ease your pet’s suffering
Products available include:-
- Oral chews which protect against fleas & ticks for dogs
- Monthly chews for dogs
- Fast knock-down tablets that kill fleas on your pets in under 2 hours
- Spot-On treatments for both cats and dogs
Remember, some products are suitable for dogs only, so take care to get advice from Mosman Vet on what products are safe for your cat.
And remember, in your pet’s preventative health program, don’t forget to include: