One of Rachele’s very favourite little patients, “Wolfie” has been coming to Mosman Vet for over 10 years.
During this time she’s had almost as many dental procedures due to her inherited tendency for developing gingivitis and periodontal disease.
This little darling is fast approaching her 14th birthday – and is still as sprightly as a 7-year-old!
Here are some of Wolfie’s special traits:
- She snarls (“smiles”) and sneezes when playing/being teased.
- When Wolfie likes someone, she will often bring her doggie biscuits over to them in her mouth and then proceed to spit them out on the floor before eating them again.
- Whenever Wolfie walks/runs every 4 paces or so, she lifts one of her back legs in the air, thereby running on 3 legs.
- Wolfie and Rohan have a sleeping ritual. Before Rohan goes to bed he must lie down on the couch where Wolfie often sleeps to give her a goodnight cuddle. Lack of doing this will cause Wolfie to sulk.
- When in the car, Wolfie knows when she is close to home as she will always walk across and sit in the driver’s lap.
- When in the car, Wolfie is a lion. She is able to bark at any dog from behind the safety of the car door (with the window down). However, once there is no protection and Wolfie is exposed, she is a truly scared dog and will back away from any animal (rabbits included)!
- Upon reaching home, Wolfie will bark when her owners are just on the edge of the driveway. This is a signal to stop the car as a running race is about to commence. First Rohan will get a head-start and run down the driveway. Wolfie is then let out of the car a few seconds late to give chase. At the conclusion of the race, Wolfie usually barks if she loses.
Posted on 19 November 2010
Last updated on 11 December 2019
Tagged with: dental